Donating To The Collection
Do you have anything related to The Gordon Highlanders you would like to give to The Museum?
DONATING TO THE COLLECTION
MUSEUM STORE REFURBISHMENT 2019-2020
We are unfortunately unable to accept any offered items for the collection between 27 November 2019 and 1 March 2020.
This is because we are in the midst of a major redevelopment of our Museum Store and are creating a robust and sustainable home for the artefacts we care for now and in the future.
Once this exciting redevelopment is complete, we will be in a position to resume developing the regimental collection, so please do get in touch with us then regarding potential items for donation using the contact form below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN DONATING TO THE COLLECTION
- The Gordon Highlanders Museum will consider every individual offer for the Collection and consequently it may take some time to respond to you with a decision.
- It is preferable that advance notice is given to the Curator before visiting the Museum to donate an artefact.
- PLEASE NOTE: No firearms, bladed weapons or other ordnance should be brought to the Museum under any circumstances. If wishing to donate these items please seek advice from the Curator.
- Our Collections are large, and not all items can be displayed. All, however, form an invaluable part of our Collection.
- We are unable to accept unsolicited loans.
- There may be another regimental museum better suited for some items.
- We will not accept items that may be in contravention of local and national laws and may present a danger, either to museum staff/volunteers and visitors, or to other objects in the collection.