Donating To The Collection
Do you have anything related to The Gordon Highlanders you would like to give to The Museum?
DONATING TO THE COLLECTION
The Gordon Highlanders Museum has a collection of over 26,000 artefacts which range from the earliest days of the Regiment to the present day. Each item tells a unique story and has an important part to play in preserving the history of The Gordon Highlanders.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN DONATING TO THE COLLECTION
If you would like to present an item for the Collection, please bear in mind the following:
- The Gordon Highlanders Museum will consider every individual offer for the Collection and consequently it may take some time to respond to you with a decision.
- It is preferable that advance notice is given to the Curator before visiting the Museum to donate an artefact.
- PLEASE NOTE: No firearms, bladed weapons or other ordnance should be brought to the Museum under any circumstances. If wishing to donate these items please seek advice from the Curator.
- Our Collections are large, and not all items can be displayed. All, however, form an invaluable part of our Collection.
- We are unable to accept unsolicited loans.
- There may be another regimental museum better suited for some items.
- We will not accept items that may be in contravention of local and national laws and may present a danger, either to museum staff/volunteers and visitors, or to other objects in the collection.